I created a tool that is in it's infancy, really an alpha release, but it's cool and it may help you review this important information in a new cool way. I took the final rule and parsed it into a linkable database, then hooked that up to an image of the closing disclosure. So in the browser, a hot spotted Closing Disclosure renders with each section or line of the Closing Disclosure hyperlinked to the text of the final rule Section 1026.38 when it is clicked upon.
With luck, if people seem to like this initial tool, I would like to add features, like
- "Section" linking, so when the text refers to another section, you can click through to it. (So text like § 1026.19(f), would become linkable)
- Add the Loan Estimate Document
- True wiki features to allow users, after login to add public viewable comments
- Private Wiki - a revision 3 feature which would allow a company to add private comments
- The ability for users of a certain level to add hotspots. This would turn the tool into a powerful training tool for the new documents.
- A full table of contents to the Final Rule, with linked section text providing a fully linked environment to the Final Rule.
I don't know where it will end up, if no one uses the alpha product, it will probably die on the vine. Let me know what you think, is a tool like this useful for understanding the new Closing Disclosure? How would you like to see it operate?