Lately we''ve been consolidating web site hosting. From 3 shared hosting accounts to one VPS account. In general things have gone well, most of the sites are moved.
One of my clients wanted to run some blog software, I settled on WordPress for them, expecting it would be hosted elsewhere. As it turns out, I set them up with WordPress using a Microsoft SQL database rather than a MySQL database. Running both MySQL and MSSQL on a moderate sized VPS system, didn''t seem wise.
The new VPS is Windows 2008R2 since I primarily host ASP.NET sites, WordPress uses MySQL, but thankfully there is a WP Db Abstraction that talks to MSSQL.
Next I had this problem where WordPress was not showing posts, it would count them but not show them. I changed query.php removing the #limits from 2 statements. The article speaks to one, there were 10, and only one other one that looked the same.